Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. I am a facilitator of love and for the next few weeks, I will be the cupid of outfit inspiration. My first look is for the laid back ladies. I am all about the wardrobe uniform. A wardrobe uniform is all about embracing your personal style. You know what works on your body, and now it’s all about tailoring your look to every occasion. If your signature look is jeans and a t-shirt, consider elevating the look with a great motto jacket in a fun color.
Consider a few things
- The traditional uniform would be a white tee, blue jeans, and a black leather jacket. Three different colors and textures can break up your shape and make you look shorter. Consider pairing gray or black jeans with a matching top. Monochromatic will make you look longer and tends to give a more dressed up look.
- Feeling bright? Wearing monochromatic underpinnings will make your jacket the focal point of your outfit.
- Want to look even taller? Pair your look with a nude pump.
- Distressed jeans are just sexy. It’s something about a small amount of exposed skin. Find a great pair of distressed denim and consider them evening wear. Just make sure you follow this rule while shopping for new jeans. BHT: Booty, Hip, Thigh. I don’t care if the jeans are on sale, if they don’t properly fit the BHT it’s not worth it.
- The goal is to keep the line of your body as long as possible. Jacket: Forever 21, Turtleneck: Old Navy (sold out, similar), Jeans: Old Navy, Necklace Charming Charlie (old)
My Favorite Picks for denim and jackets
For more Oh Wize One be sure to subscribe by clicking the follow button. You can also follow me on Facebook OhWize One, Instagram@ohwizeone, twitter@ohwize1. Remember to share the wisdom with friends!!