First, let me apologize crimes were committed during the making of this DIY. First I was actually in the process of getting ready to go out while making this DIY. Needless to say you see my real chipped nail polish. While tacky I didn’t want to not document this project, so tacky wins this battle. I love Mr Kate jewelry. I also love the title of her upcoming book A Hot Glue Gun Mess because it’s super fitting to how this DIY went down.
This journey began while I was getting dressed to go to a Jazmine Sullivan concert. I knew I wanted the Mr Kate cadeau clip on earrings but had no time for shipping and handling. (being a diva on a budget is never easy). I then also realized that I didn’t have a bag that I felt matched the low-key concert vibe I was going for. I thought about The Curvynista’s post Bag Lady on fun statement bags and it hit me that I had a purse falling apart and some pom poms. The rest is DIY history.
For these project you will need:
E6000 or super glue
For the purse
An old clutch
Hot glue gun
- Shake the liquid leaf to ensure it is well mixed
- Paint the pins and allow them to dry
- Pull the pin out with a pair of pliers
- Place a small amount of glue on the earring post and adhere to the brooch
- Use a clothes pin to hold the post in place and allow to dry for up to 4 hours
- Cut any unwanted features off the clutch (if your purse does not have pockets move on to step 2)
- Lay out your design on the purse first
- Place a drop of hot glue on the pom-pom and attach to the purse
- Allow to dry for an hour
My outfit pics are live action shots, blogger world problems. Can you believe my friends actually wanted to enjoy the concert? My look was very laid back urban farmer, I styled these pieces with my denim overalls. I really loved my purse I got teased a little but I thought it was very quirky. Because #whynot
P.S. I took the nail polish off before going out!!